Sometimes you just want a breakfast sandwich. You know—the kind of sandwich with a sweet, chewy outside filled with crispy bacon and a creamy egg on the inside.
Better yet, how about a breakfast sandwich with eggs and bacon snuggled in between two cinnamon-y sweet potato pancakes? Coming right up!
These sweet potato pancakes could not be any more delicious! Bursting with cinnamon and spice, they make the perfect savory complement to your morning bacon and eggs.
They’re also quite easy to make. Combine a few eggs with coconut flour and pre-cooked sweet potatoes. If you don’t have cooked sweet potatoes, not to worry! You can make sweet potato in five minutes in your microwave by peeling a small sweet potato, chopping it into one-inch cubes, tossing them into a microwave safe bowl and cooking them on high for five minutes, or until tender. That how you get instant sweet potatoes!
Then to make those sweet potato pancakes, blend the sweet potato with the pancake ingredients and cook. While the pancakes are cooking, make your eggs and bacon. Once everything’s done, assemble and eat!
Oh, and I suggest you make extra pancakes because you will want more to snack on later!
Bacon & Egg Sweet Potato Pancake Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 egg cooked to your preference
- 1 small, pre-cooked sweet potato
- 2 large eggs
- 2 T coconut flour
- 2 T unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 T coconut oil
- ¼ t cinnamon
- ¼ t ginger
- ¼ t nutmeg
- Add pre-cooked sweet potato to a blender with eggs, coconut flour, coconut milk, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Blend until combined (do not over mix). Note: to cook sweet potatoes in the microwave, simply wash, peel and dice into one-inch cubes. Then toss in a microwave bowl and cook on high for 5 minutes until tender.
- Place coconut oil on a skillet and bring to medium heat. Scoop ¼ cup of the sweet potato batter onto the skillet to form a pancake. Pat the pancakes flat with the backside of a spoon. Cook 4-5 minutes, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- While the pancakes are cooking, cook the egg and bacon.
- Assemble the breakfast sandwich by placing the egg and bacon on top of a sweet potato pancake. Then place another sweet potato pancake on top. Store extra pancakes in the refrigerator.
(You’ll Also Love: Bacon Weave Fried Egg Sandwich)