Fresh strawberries and dark chocolate unite in these baked Paleo Strawberry Chocolate Almond Donuts!
I am convinced chocolate and strawberries are meant to be together. When they’re combined, they create a sweet and luscious duo! I’m not talking about any ol’ chocolate, either. I’m talking tart, dark chocolate.
These Paleo Strawberry Chocolate Almond Donuts are made with almond flour and a little coconut milk. You’ll get sweet, nutty flavors that melt in your mouth with every bite. Plus, these treats are baked, not fried, so you won’t have that heavy feeling afterwards.
All you have to do is pop all the ingredients in a blender, strawberries included! The batter will be slightly pink. After you blend the ingredients together for a few seconds, transfer to a greased donut pan, nestle a few chocolate chips into the batter, and bake until they transform to a light brown. It’s that easy!
Strawberry Chocolate Donuts
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 T honey
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ cup dairy-free, dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a donut pan.
- In a blender, add all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend on high a few minutes until mixture is combined and slightly liquid.
- Pour the batter into the donut molds, distributing evenly. Press a few chocolate chips into the batter of each donut. More is always better!
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned and firm.
- Remove from the oven and carefully flip the pan upside down onto a cooling rack. Let donuts cool for five minutes before devouring!
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Maple Bacon Donuts)