Traditional fries are a classic hit, however, for a delicious (and healthier) alternative give these Baked Parsnip Fries a whirl this week. Double bonus? We included an easy tomato sauce ketchup recipe to go with it!
Rid the idea of parsnips being beige and boring. These rooty goodies make for a tasty addition to dinner while enjoying a healthy meal full of flavor.
Baked Parsnip Fries with Paleo Ketchup
- 4 parsnips
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 to 4 T tomato purée or passata
- 2 to 4 t coconut sugar (or honey or maple syrup)
- Optional: 1 t paprika, 1 t mixed herbs
How to Make It:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 ºF.
2. Chop the ends off the parsnips. Slice into thin strips.
3. Add the parsnips to an oven-proof baking dish. Drizzle the parsnips with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
4. Place in the oven and cook for 25 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. The time will vary on the size of the parsnip fries and your type of oven.
5. While the fries are baking, make the tomato sauce. Add the tomato purée or passata to a bowl. Add the coconut sugar and stir together. For more of a kick, add the paprika and mixed herbs to the sauce.
6. Once the parsnip fries are ready, remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy the fries dipped into the ketchup or with other Paleo condiments!
(You’ll Also Love: Caramelized Roasted Parsnips)