Making your own Paleo mayonnaise just got a whole lot simpler! All you need is four ingredients and five minutes! Homemade mayo is awesome for many reasons, but especially because you’ll be consuming ingredients you know and trust, all of which you already have in your house.
So go ahead and give it a try!
- 3 egg yolks
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Optional: 1 t dijon mustard
How to Make It:
1. Whisk egg yolks, lemon juice and salt together in a bowl; stir for approximately 30 seconds.
2. Pour in HALF of the coconut oil and stir for at least 30 seconds before adding in the rest of the oil; stir well.
3. The consistency should be exactly or very similar to that of store-bought mayonnaise at this point. If you’re looking for additional flavor, stir in dijon mustard.
4. Store in a covered container or jar in refrigerator and enjoy!