It’s that time of year! What time, you ask? That time when we bust out the ugly sweaters and constantly crave snuggling on our couch in front of the TV. But what would any of that be without hot chocolate? Especially this Paleo hot chocolate with coconut whipped cream?
For many, hot chocolate conjures up memories of our childhood. When I was younger, my brother and I would go out for hours and play in the snow. When we’d come back home, my mom would always have a hot bowl of chicken soup and a cozy cup of hot chocolate waiting for us.
Of course, that hot chocolate was always full of 42 mini marshmallows and refined sugar but hey, we were kids and we didn’t know better. So, I came up with a recipe that keeps it both Paleo and nostalgic with simpler, healthier ingredients.
One note: you’re going to want to chill the can of coconut cream in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours beforehand. That way, the coconut cream is able to be “whipped” and it won’t be so liquid-y. I also recommend sprinkling the whipped cream with additional cocoa, for no reason other than it makes it pretty and fun. I hope you enjoy this hot chocolate as much as I did!
Paleo Hot Chocolate with Coconut Whipped Cream
- 2 cups milk (almond or coconut)
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 oz.) chilled coconut cream
- 3 T coconut sugar
- For the hot chocolate: Heat milk in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once milk is boiling, remove from heat and stir in cocoa and vanilla; stir until everything is combined and pour hot chocolate into desired cup or mug.
- For the whipped cream: Remove coconut cream from the refrigerator and pour into a large bowl; whisk with an electric mixer.
- Add in coconut sugar and stir everything together.
- Top hot chocolate with whipped cream and enjoy!
Watch the Video Below!
(You’ll Also Love: 4 More Paleo Hot Chocolate Recipes)