Today’s episode, featuring wellness coach Samantha Gladish, is specifically for women — covering birth control, alternative contraception, tips & programs for hormonal balance, and some unorthodox approaches to treating PMS and cysts.
In this episode, learn why candida overgrowth might be the source of what ails you, how to test for gut problems at home, and five accessible steps to a healthy digestive overhaul.
- 6:00: Don’t over-complicate it: a food-oriented approach to hormone balance.
- 8:00: The most common women’s health struggles: weight loss, menstrual cycles, fatigue, migraines, and birth control issues.
- 10:00: Misinformed: Why can’t we talk about birth control?
- 13:00: Problems with the pill: indigestion, fatigue because of impaired gut flora and fauna.
- 16:10: Synthetic hormones and their impact on weight gain or loss.
- 19:00: How to get off the pill safely, a 3 month detox. Nourish your system with dark leafy greens and liver detoxification supplements.
- 24:00: Alternative birth control methods: Barrier methods like condoms and diaphragms; family planning; the copper IUD.
- 25:00: Better sex: We take the pill for sexual freedom but instead gain low libido.
- 30:00: Hormonal Health Hacks: Lather up with castor oil from plants for PMS and cysts. Substitute coffee with Dandy Blend coffee replacement.
Enjoy the episode below!
- Paleohacks on iTunes
- Paleohacks Podcast RSS Feed
- Listen to us on Stitcher
- The Paleohacks Youtube Channel