There’s nothing better than eggs for breakfast, especially when they’re made ahead of time. After all, why stress over breakfast when you don’t have to? That’s where egg bake’s come in handy! Let’s say you have friends or family coming into town. You could go out to breakfast and spend mucho dollars OR you could make an egg bake for way less and feed up to four people! It’s kind of a no-brainer in my opinion.
I’ve been on an egg kick for the past two years. The funny thing, I used to NEVER eat eggs. Back in high school in college, I preferred non-paleo foods for breakfast (i.e. cereal every single morning). I don’t know how I did considering my mantra the past two years has been ‘a morning without eggs is no morning at all’. I need and crave that protein and I love how customizable they are! You can add in whatever you like to this casserole! I opted for bacon, peppers and onions—simple yet flavorful.
Besides loving eggs, I’ve really been on a bacon kick. This is super recent—as in the past few weeks—and I’m hoping it never ends. Bacon takes any recipe from good to great, especially when paired with eggs.
What are you waiting for? Prep this bake ahead of time and have breakfast ready in no time!
- 8 eggs
- 3 slices bacon
- ½ cup peppers
- ¼ cup onions
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk eggs together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cook 3 slices of bacon over skillet.
- While bacon is cooking, chop peppers and onions.
- Add peppers and onions to eggs.
- Once bacon done, remove from heat, wait 5 minutes or so until cooled a bit and break into tiny pieces, add bacon to eggs.
- Grease a baking dish with a bit of coconut oil and pour eggs into dish; set into oven and bake for at least 30 minutes.***
- Cut and enjoy!
***Every oven is different, so be sure to keep an eye on your eggs. You may need to leave them in for an additional 5-10 minutes.