Looking for the perfect indulgent treat? These ooey gooey cinnamon rolls are to die for… and are approved for your Paleo lifestyle!
These sticky desserts will satisfy any sweet tooth and, although they take a bit of patience to make, are worth the extra elbow grease. Plus, the maple syrup and cashew glaze make each bite absolutely heavenly. Traditional cinnamon rolls use yeast to make the dough rise, but not in this recipe. Soft, biscuit-y almond flour dough makes wonderful Paleo-approved cinnamon rolls.
Paleo Cinnamon Rolls
Paleo Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 T honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cashews, soaked in boiling water for 1 hour and drained
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 T water
- 1 T coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
How To Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a pie dish with coconut oil.
2. To prepare the cinnamon rolls: In a large bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, coconut oil, egg, honey, and 1 t vanilla extract until smooth. Place the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden slightly.
3. Place the dough on a sheet of wax paper and cover with another sheet of wax paper. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into an 8 in. x 12 in. rectangle.
4. Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the rolled out dough and generously sprinkle with the cinnamon. Using the wax paper to help, roll the dough tightly into a log and seal the end. Place the log in the freezer for another 10 minutes to harden (this will make cutting the rolls easier.)
5. Take the log out of the freezer and cut into 8 equal rolls. Place the rolls in the pie dish, with one in the center and the others around it. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow the rolls to cool slightly before drizzling with the glaze.
6. To prepare the glaze: Place the drained cashews, maple syrup, water, remaining coconut oil, and vanilla in a blender, and blend until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cooked cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Cinnamon Waffles)