This Sweet Potato Chili is a fantastic alternative to the traditional chili con carne as it contains sweet potatoes to produce a rich bowl of fiery goodness. It’s hearty and healthy, making for a great dinner on nights when you need warmth for the body and soul.
If you love spice, then feel free to add more for an extra kick. Serve it with your favorite vegetables and dishes like zucchini noodles in sun-dried tomato sauce.
Sweet Potato Paleo Chili
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
- Handful of button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 large, peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 T chili powder
- 1 t cayenne
- 2 t smoked paprika
- 2 t mixed herbs
- 1 t black pepper
- Optional topping: sliced spring (green) onions
How to Make It:
1. Add the peeled tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, herbs and spices to a big saucepan on a medium to high heat.
2. Stir everything together, then add water until it’s just above the entire mix. Stir again.
3. Leave to cook on a medium to high heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
4. Keep an eye on the chili to see if it needs more water, adding as the liquid reduces.
5. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked and the chili reaches a rich consistency, serve with dinner.
(You’ll Also Love: Slow Cooker Chicken Chili)