If there’s one thing we all need more of, it’s grab-n-go breakfast options. Scratch that—there are many things we need more of (kale, sunshine, TV shows that revolve around puppies, to name a few). However, I’d also add grab-n-go breakfast to that list.
I like to think I’m a plan ahead kinda gal. I plan my day hour-by-hour and stick to that plan 75 percent of the time (that makes me sound psychotic, doesn’t it?). That being said, I don’t typically plan my meals. I used to be a hardcore meal planner and then I stopped and now I’m always scrambling for food. I don’t mind it though, especially when it comes to lunch or dinner. I somehow, some way always figure out something to eat. It’s breakfast that gives me the most trouble.
I love breakfast—no, I ADORE breakfast—but only when I have time to actually make something substantial. Many mornings I will eat eggs, bacon or chicken sausage and toast. I love my breakfasts. However, some mornings I inevitably sleep in. It is on those mornings when all I really want is a simple, healthy and delicious grab-n-go muffin or two.
These Paleo Blueberry Muffins are just that! Prep them ahead of time and you’ll have breakfast for a handful of days. Talk about simple! You can even drizzle them with extra honey like I did if you’re feeling extra fancy.
Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup+2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine dry ingredients (both flours, sugar, baking soda, and salt) into a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together; add milk, honey and vanilla and stir.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir in the blueberries by hand.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners and spray each one with a bit of nonstick spray (optional but recommended).
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until batter is no longer in liquid form.
- Drizzle with extra honey if desired.
(You’ll Also Love: 31 Deliciously Healthy Paleo Muffin Recipes)