This Paleo Bacon Spinach Quiche is made with a sweet potato crust for the perfect Paleo breakfast.
Need something to bring to a big brunch? This recipe will feed lots of people and its sure to impress. With a crust of shredded sweet potato and a filling of garlic, spinach and bacon, this quiche won’t make it long. It’s basically a perfect Paleo breakfast pie!
You can also prep this at the beginning of a busy week and have a slice of bacon spinach quiche for breakfast every day!
Paleo Bacon Spinach Quiche
- 1 large sweet potato
- 6-8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- ¼ onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and lightly grease a pie dish with butter.
- Lay bacon on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Lay on a paper towel to drain some of the grease and set aside. Once cool, crumble or cut into small pieces.
- As the bacon is cooking, prepare the crust. Either using a food processor with a grating attachment, or using a box grater, grate the sweet potato through the large grates. Evenly press the shredded sweet potato to the sides and bottom of the pie dish.
- Be sure to fill in holes as best as possible. Bake the crust for 20-25 minutes and remove from the oven. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- As the crust is baking, prepare the filling. Melt butter in a large skillet over a medium heat. Cook the onions for 3-5 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and spinach and cook a minute or two, until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and coconut milk until slightly bubbly. Mix in the spinach mixture and crumbled bacon. Pour mixture into the pie crust and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked.
(You’ll Also Love: Bubbly Hot Bacon Spinach Frittata)