Eating like a caveman doesn’t mean you can’t take your fancy high-speed blender for a spin sometimes. Am I right? Whether you’re late for work or wanting a post CrossFit snack, this paleo AIP smoothie recipe is easy to make and nutritious in content.
Tired or Wilted Greens Not Eaten During the Week?
Avoid throwing out your produce by freezing instead. You can freeze your fruits and veggies before their expiration date and toss them in your smoothie for later. It’s a great little tip if your trying to save money.
Following the Autoimmune Protocol or Avoiding Dairy?
Find an appropriate protein for your smoothie like collagen hydrolysate. I use Great Lakes Gelatin, which is derived from grass-fed beef and consists of a tasteless white powder similar to protein. It makes a great addition to your smoothie and boasts numerous health benefits. Soothing to the gut, it also provides building blocks for skin, hair, and joints.
Paleo AIP Smoothie
Paleo AIP Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mangoes
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- handful of greens of your choice
- 1 kiwi
- 2 tablespoons collagen hydrolysate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Even if you have a fancy high-speed blender you may have discovered that the smoothie making process proceeds more smoothly if you add frozen fruit from largest/hardest to softest. Add your fruit one by one, as listed, pulsing in between. (You don’t have to peel the kiwi; just make sure it’s organic and wash it well.)
- Add coconut oil, collagen hydrolysate and water, and blend thoroughly. Be careful not to go hog-wild with the blending because the friction from some machines will begin to warm your smoothie.
- Blend until you have reached your desired consistency, but don’t walk away.
This recipe works with infinite variations and does not require frozen fruit. However, when using fruit at room temperature, add half a cup of ice cubes for a frosty texture. Otherwise, you can puree some fruit ahead of time and freeze it as ice cubes. You’re welcome.
(You’ll Also Love: 20 Amazing Paleo Smoothie Recipes)