These anti-inflammatory Golden Turmeric Energy Bites pack a delicious boost of protein and superfood nutrition!
Made with six ingredients, these healthy, grain-free, no-bake snacks are loaded with healthy fat and protein and are naturally sweetened. To give these treats a decadent texture, I added a plant-based protein powder. It gives the batter a real doughy texture that I love and makes the balls extra chewy!
These come together quickly in a blender or food processor. After that, you just need to roll them up into balls. A word of caution on this: Be sure to place the bites on parchment paper as turmeric will stain. Believe me, I know this from experience!
These turmeric energy bites could easily double as no-bake bars too. Just layer in a pan, place in the refrigerator to harden and slice into bars. Either way, they’re perfect for a quick snack or to take with you as fuel on the go. That boost of protein and healthy fat will keep you full for hours!
Golden Turmeric Energy Bites
- 1 cup almond or coconut butter
- 3/4 unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4-6 T plant based protein powder
- 1 t coconut oil
- ½ t maple syrup
- 2 t turmeric
- To a blender, add nut butter, ½ coconut flakes, almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, protein powder and turmeric.
- Blend ingredients on high until evenly distributed.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to harden.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator and roll into bite-sized balls about ½-inch in diameter.
- Place balls on a plate that’s covered with parchment paper, then return to refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator. Add remaining shredded coconut to a plate and roll the balls in the flakes. Enjoy!
Pro Tip: All protein powders are a little different, so if the consistency is too liquidy when blending, add more protein powder until the consistency is similar to raw dough. If the dough is too hard, add some non-dairy milk to loosen it up.
Watch the Video Recipe Below!
(You’ll Also Love: Energizing No-Bake Maca Brownies)