This Moroccan Vegetable Tagine is a take on the traditional Moroccan dish. It’s easy to make and packs a mighty flavor that’s perfect for chilly evenings. The dried fruits offer a deliciously sweet taste to compliment the warming spices that give a hearty aroma that please the body and soul.
For a simple, healthy dinner, serve this dish with raw green vegetables, roasted veggies or paleo noodles.
Moroccan Vegetable Tagine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced finely
- 1 carrot, chopped into strips
- 1 red pepper, chopped into strips
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or 4 small sweet potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 1 zucchini, chopped into coins
- 2 to 3 cups water
- 1 t turmeric
- 3 t cinnamon powder
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 handful raisins
- 1 handful apricots, chopped
- Fresh cilantro (coriander)
How to Make It
1. Use a large skillet or pan and turn to medium high heat. Add a little water to the pan or use ½ to 1 tbsp coconut oil.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, carrot, pepper, 1 cup water, turmeric, cinnamon, curry powder, and cumin. Stir together and cook,
4. Add the zucchini, sweet potato, raisins, apricots, a handful of fresh cilantro, and more water (there should be just enough to allow all the ingredients to cook but don’t go overboard or it will turn into a stew). Continue cooking until tender on a low to medium heat, about 40 to 50 minutes.
5. Prepare preferred side dish. Serve the vegetable tagine garnished with more fresh cilantro.
You’ll Also Love