Mexican is not what comes to mind when you think Paleo, but these Mexican Stuffed Peppers are full of authentic flavor without all the beans, cheese and rice that are associated with a traditional Mexican dish.
Plus, they go great with these unique and tasty chicken tacos with strawberry avocado.
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers, halved & seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 6 oz can diced of green chiles
- 2 T hot sauce
- ½ T garlic powder
- ¼ t ground red pepper
- ⅛ t paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 T cilantro, chopped
- Pico de gallo & guacamole
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking up with the back of a spoon, 10-12 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add tomato paste, chiles, and spices, and cook another 2-3 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Spoon meat into the pepper halves and place in a 13×9 baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until peppers begin to soften.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with pico de gallo & guacamole.
Watch How to Make It
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Enchiladas)