What’s the practical science behind why you lose weight? Self-proclaimed “pain in the back” nutritionist Jonny Bowden, author of Smart Fat, has the answer in today’s podcast. Tune in as this nutrition myth buster explains the fatty diet, and why it isn’t the source of fat that affects our health, it’s whether or not the meat or oil is toxic. We already knew factory farms were bad, but Dr. Bowden explains exactly how the practices of these establishments are wrecking our health.
Dr. Bowden also reveals how the American fixation on calories and cholesterol is misguided, and points to the Mediterranean diet as a solution to a longer, healthier life. Finally, he lets us in on a few “health hacks” he lives by.
- 4:10: Everything you know about good fat and bad fat is wrong.
- 5:20: Saturated fat doesn’t matter. The toxicity of the fat does.
- 8:00: Why factory farm meat wrecks our health.
- 9:00: Grass-fed meat? Bring it on! Why a fatty diet is great for your health.
- 10:30: Vegetable oil could be responsible for every degenerative disease.
- 13:00: Why avocado oil is “the bomb”!
- 14:40: Hormones, not calories, are responsible for weight gain.
- 16:50: Eat fat to burn fat.
- 21:00: How high fat diets are great for brain health.
- 25:40: There’s no connection between heart disease and cholesterol.
- 32:00: Why you should ask your doctor for a CRP test.
- 40:00: Intermittent fasting can be “magical” for your health.
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!