These Loaded Mashed Sweet Potato Balls with bacon, coconut and almond make a tasty side, appetizer or anytime snack!
What do you do with leftover sweet potatoes? You transform them into melt-in-your-mouth, crispy sweet potato balls!
One of the reasons I love leftovers is so I can transform them into new recipes like these Loaded Sweet Potato Balls. Take a few leftover sweet potatoes, blend them up with a few extra ingredients, and roll them into yummy bite-sized balls.
For this recipe, I blended pre-baked sweet potatoes with bacon and coconut flour, dipped them in an egg wash and a seasoned almond flour mix, then pan fried them in coconut oil. They’re crispy on the outside from the bacon and creamy on the inside. They literally melt-in-your-mouth!
Note: To bake your sweet potatoes, simply pierce the potato skin several times with a fork, place on a baking sheet, and bake at 400°F for 45 minutes. You can do this the night before and store it in the fridge (this makes the recipe a breeze).
These are a delicious appetizer, side dish or quick snack for when hunger cravings strike. I like to add them to my breakfast. They pair perfectly with eggs!
Loaded Mashed Sweet Potato Balls
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 2 small, baked sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 T water
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 1 cup almond flour or cassava flour
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- ½ t cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add baked sweet potatoes to a blender with the cooked bacon and coconut flour. Blend until smooth.
- Roll sweet potato mixture into 12 balls. Set on a plate and set aside.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat and add coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and water. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour and seasonings. Set aside.
- Working one ball at a time, dip each ball into the egg wash followed by the almond flour, and then transfer to the skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
(You’ll Also Love: Sweet Potatoes Coconut Cream Au Gratin)