Do you struggle with obesity or weight gain? Do you rebound from diets without long term results? Dr. Yoni Freedhoff’s non-dogmatic approach may be for you. As covered in his book “The Diet Fix,” clinician and professor Freedhoff details his “best weight” approach—a realistic way to personalize your diet and make sustainable, long term change in your life.
Whether you’re obese or just looking to shed a few pounds, Freedhoff offers practical tips to cut the diet shaming and suffering and cultivate your best self. From food logs, to cutting liquid calories, to ditching takeout, learn accessible weight management tips that everyday people have made work for them. Get insights on effective gym and diet combos, how you can make health and nutrition a family affair, and surprising health resources you never thought to check.
Not into those ideas? That’s okay too—Freedhoff knows it’s an individual journey. Listen now to start customizing your own health journey.
- 7:00: “We’re all crappy at it:” Is there a difference in lifestyle changes for overweight or obese people?
- 8:00: “Information is not the problem:” Behavior change in overweight and obese people.
- 10:00: “We don’t moralize about diabetes or cancer:” Why do we stigmatize the obese?
- 12:00: Goal setting: Freedhoff’s “best weight” approach.
- 16:00: “Temporary efforts only have temporary outcomes:” How do we make diets work?
- 19:00: Post Traumatic Dieting Disorder: Do you have it?
- 21:00: The 10-Day Reset: Weight management that works.
- 26:00: An emotional trap: Why food is always pleasurable.
- 30:00: “You lose weight in the kitchen, you gain health in the gym:” Why you’ll never be able to out-exercise weight gain.
- 34:00: How do successful people continually manage their weight?
- 35:00: “When the effort is suffering, people ultimately quit.”
- 37:00: Ditch the takeout: Why you need to get back into the kitchen.
- 41:00: Parents, how should you approach nutrition with your kids?
- 46:00: Twitter: the health resource you’re not using.
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!