And to take this snack from great to awesome, we added beef jerky—so it has a savory ingredient in every bite. For this jerky almond granola recipe, I used Chomps grass-fed beef jerky, which is one of my go-to brands. Their meat is free of MSG, hormones, nitrates, and nitrites, so there’s no worrying about whether or not your jerky is safe.
To make the granola, just mix the nuts, salt, and cinnamon together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the almond butter, coconut oil, and honey until it’s creamy-smooth. Then pour the mixture over the nuts until it’s evenly distributed.
Transfer the nut mixture to a baking pan lined with a slip mat or parchment paper. Bake 20-25 minutes. When you’re done baking, remove from the oven, and allow the granola to cool for 30 minutes. The cooling is very important because it gives it the right texture!
While the granola cools, slice your Chomps jerky, and sprinkle it on top of the granola. This Paleo Jerky Granola recipe is adaptable, so feel free to swap the nuts, and try different combinations of sweet and salty.
Protein-Packed Jerky Almond Granola Recipe
- 1 cup raw, slivered almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 T melted coconut oil
- 2 t cinnamon
- ¼ t salt
- 2 sticks of jerky
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place a slip mat or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, combine melted coconut oil, almond butter, and honey. Pour the mixture over the nuts, and stir to evenly distribute over the nuts.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, or until the nuts are browned.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the mixture to cool for 30 minutes.
- While the granola cools, slice two sticks of jerky. Distribute the slices over the granola while it cools.
- Once cooled, transfer to a bowl and enjoy. Or keep in a mason jar or other container to maintain freshness.
(You’ll Also Love: One-Pan Paleo Jerky Nachos)
This post is sponsored by our friends at Chomps. Our goal is to always bring you healthy, Paleo-friendly articles that we know you’ll love. We only feature trusted brands approved by the PaleoHacks team.