Join Dr. David Perlmutter, neurologist, fellow of the American College of Nutrition and New York Times bestselling author of Grain Brain and Brain Maker for a discussion on nurturing, rebuilding and boosting your gut’s microbiome.
Dr. Perlmutter lays out the roles food plays on our DNA, how to eat for better brain function and the ways we can prevent damage to our microbiomes. Learn the surprising gut-damaging side effect of Caesarean sections on infants and what your gut does to your mood. Finally, learn why you should eat like a “slow-burning flame” instead of a “gasoline fire.”
- 1:00: The Holistic Shift: How the public has come around to holistic health
- 5:00: How the food you eat changes your genes
- 7:50: The tenets of “Grain Brain”
- 9:50: “Brain Maker” and why food matters
- 12:00: How to eat for your brain
- 17:00: Eat like a “slow-burning flame” instead of a “gasoline fire”
- 20:00: What your gut does to your mood
- 23:00: The surprising danger of Cesarean sections
- 28:00: How to boost your microbiome
- 30:00: How to prevent your microbiome’s degradation
- 32:50: What should pregnant women eat?
- 36:00: Our ancestors’ microbiomes
Enjoy the episode below!