This Honey Turmeric Chicken recipe is ready in just 30 minutes and uses simple ingredients for an easy, healthy meal!
You’ll start by heating the garlic up in an oven-proof skillet with some extra virgin olive oil. Then, you’ll add the chicken and half of the turmeric and honey. You’ll cook the chicken in the skillet on both sides before baking it in the oven with the asparagus.
The kind of chicken and the amount of asparagus you use will depend on how many people you want this recipe to serve. If you want it to serve two people, use 4 chicken tenders rather than chicken breasts (breasts are larger, so they serve more people), and about a bundle of asparagus.
Remember that asparagus does shrink up a bit once it’s cooked. So, even if all the asparagus doesn’t quite fit in the skillet, it’ll soak up the oil and honey marinade, eventually shrinking up to fit into the skillet.
Oh! And don’t forget to sprinkle black pepper over the asparagus – it’s the cherry on top for this recipe.
One-Pan Honey Turmeric Chicken with Asparagus
- 2-3 T olive oil
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ t ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 chicken thighs or breasts
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 lb of asparagus
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil over stovetop in an oven-safe skillet.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and turmeric in a bowl and coat chicken breasts in flour on both sides.
- Place chicken in skillet and pan-fry for 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Add the honey, garlic and asparagus to the skillet and place it in the oven. Cook chicken for approximately 20 minutes, turning it over, along with the asparagus, after 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle asparagus with salt and pepper.
(You’ll Also Love: One-Pan Harvest Chicken Dinner with Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash)