These Homemade Sour Strawberry Gummies are filled with protein and fresh fruit! Plus, you only need 15 minutes of hands-on time to make these refreshing treats.
When I was a little girl, I loved snacking on the sour gummies that my mom would bring home. In fact, I don’t think a packet ever lasted more than five minutes in my house.
Unfortunately, most store-bought gummies are made with artificial dyes and preservatives. So I decided to make my own homemade version of strawberry gummies —which only needs 4 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep work!
I wanted to have red sour gummies, so I used strawberries to make them. But if you prefer other berries, simply replace the strawberries with the fruit of your choice! (For instance, you can use blueberries or raspberries.)
Start by blending fresh strawberries and lemon juice in your blender (until you get a thick, viscous liquid). Next, pour the liquid into a saucepan, and whisk in the honey and collagen until everything is combined.
Switch the heat to low, and continue whisking for 5 minutes (until the collagen is fully dissolved, and the liquid is thin). Remove the saucepan from the heat. The liquid will be foamy, but that’s fine. Simply remove the foam with a spoon.
All that’s left to do is pour the liquid into silicon molds. Then just wait while it chills in the refrigerator for at least an hour (until the gummies are firm)!
Homemade Sour Strawberry Gummies
- Medium saucepan
- Silicon mold
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries (cut into small pieces with the leaves removed)
- 2 T maple syrup
- ¼ cup collagen powder
- Place the chopped strawberries and lemon juice in blender. Blend for 30 seconds until you get a thick liquid.
- Pour the liquid into a medium saucepan, and add the maple syrup and collagen. Whisk the ingredients together.
- Turn on stove to low heat, and whisk for 5 minutes (until everything is incorporated, and you get a thin liquid).
- Use a spoon to remove the foam from the top. Remove the saucepan from heat, and pour the mixture into a silicon mold.
- Let the collagen mixture chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (until they’re firm).
- Once firm, remove the collagen sour gummies from the mold and serve.
Adapted from: Autoimmune Wellness
Tip: You can store the strawberry gummies in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to three days.
(You’ll Also Love: Strawberry-Lemon Gingerbread Men Gummies)