This Avocado Turmeric Fudge Brownie recipe is packed with immunity-boosting ingredients. A healthy way to satisfy a chocolate craving!
The avocado’s ultra-creamy texture makes the brownies silky and brings a dose of healthy fats. For sweetness, you’ll just use a bit of maple syrup. You can always add more maple syrup to the recipe, but I found they were rich and sweet with just a touch.
To give the fudge a natural, vibrant orange color, the recipe uses antioxidant-packed turmeric. The spice has an irresistible savory flavor that balances the sweetness from the dates and maple syrup.
The next time you’re craving chocolate, make a batch of these delicious Avocado Turmeric Fudge Brownies.
Avocado Turmeric Fudge Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup dates, pitted, soaked, and drained
- 1 cup raw cashews, pitted, soaked and drained
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ½ T melted coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 3 T chocolate protein powder
- ¼ t vanilla extract
- 1 T maple syrup
- ½ t turmeric, for dusting
- In a blender, add avocado and soaked dates. Blend on high until dates are broken down.
- Add cashews, coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Blend to combine.
- Add protein powder and cacao powder. Blend until the mixture becomes a dough.
- Layer parchment paper crisscross in an 8x8-inch baking pan, allowing for the parchment paper to hang over the baking dish for easy removal.
- Transfer the batter into the baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly in the pan and into the corners.
- Place the baking dish in the refrigerator for 5 hours to set.
- Remove from the refrigerator and lift the sides of the parchment paper to remove from the baking pan.
- Dust with turmeric and slice into 12 bars.
- Store bars in the freezer in a storage container up to one week.
- Soak dates and cashews for a minimum of 1 hour before draining to make them soft enough to blend smoothly.
- For an extra crunch, add ¼ cup sliced almonds after blending protein powder and cacao powder. Pulse several times to break up and disperse almonds throughout the batter.
(You’ll Also Love: Dark Chocolate Bacon Brownies)