Looking for the most perfect prepare-ahead breakfast option for your busy work days? Look no further than these simple 2-ingredient Paleo egg nests!
It looks fancy, but believe us — this one is super simple. All you need to do is shred a few sweet potatoes, bake them into “nests” inside a muffin tin, and crack an egg inside. They’re the ideal grab-and-go protein breakfast!
Video and recipe below!
Eggs in Hash Brown Nests
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed and peeled
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease 4 cups in a regular-sized muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Using a coarse cheese grater, grate the sweet potato into a medium sized bowl. Using your fingers, line the 4 greased muffin tins with the sweet potatoes, pressing the sweet potatoes up against the sides to make a “crust”.
- Bake the sweet potato crusts for 5-8 minutes, making sure not to burn the sweet potatoes.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and carefully crack an egg in each mini-crust. Place the muffin tin back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the egg whites are opaque (be careful not to overcook). Allow the egg nests to cool before removing from the muffin tin.
(You’ll Also Love: Baked Avocado & Egg Recipe)