We’re all familiar with the “calories in, calories out” approach to dieting. Chances are, it’s an approach you’ve tried yourself and ultimately struggled to see and maintain results from. That’s because of the calorie myth: everything we know about conventional dieting is wrong, says Jonathan Bailor, author of The Calorie Myth and CEO of SANE.
SANE began as a research project to determine “why some people eat 6,000 calories per day and stay slim while others eat 1,200 calories per day and struggle with their weight.” The results? It’s not about the quantity of calories, but the quality.
Bailor and his research team have developed the “SANE solution” in response—a lifestyle approach that nixes all the conventions of mainstream dieting for serious, lasting results. Learn the science behind the lifestyle approach, which foods fit into the SANE diet and how you can try it at home.
- 3:30: Bailor’s health entrepreneurialism.
- 5:30: Breaking out of the “weight watchers” model of health.
- 7:00: How to focus on the quality, and not quantity of calories.
- 9:00: How to eat fewer calories without trying.
- 11:00: Bailor’s “SANE” solution: Satiety, Aggression, Nutrition, Efficiency
- 16:00: Why macronutrients might be “a euphemism for calories.”
- 18:00: What are your long-term goals? It’s not about how you look after a 30-day program.
- 20:00: “Weight loss isn’t the issue:” How to maintain weight loss.
- 22:30: The three most “SANE” foods.
- 24:30: “Carbs are a very powerful tool.”
- 26:30: Why your hormones matter more than you think.
- 29:30: How to try the “SANE solution” at home.
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!