If you love pesto and don’t eat dairy, then this is the recipe for you! This pesto is full of flavor thanks to the ingredients that pack a mighty punch and make for a lip-smacking spread on toasted zucchini bread or with Paleo noodles!
The beauty of this dish is that you can easily tweak it to your own tastes. If you don’t have basil, then use cilantro; if you don’t like pecans, use pine nuts; and if you love garlic, add 2 cloves.
Do take note: beware of potent breath after eating pesto!
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pecans, walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 to 2 fresh garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
How to Make It:
1. Add the basil, nuts and garlic to a food processor and process until finely combined.
2. Add the olive oil, start with ¼ cup, and add more if required.
3. Season with sea salt and process the mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.