With the holiday season just around the corner, you may want to start deciding what holiday cookies you will make and share with your friends and loved ones.
Or maybe you just want a nice little treat to enjoy with a hot cup of coffee with Sunday morning brunch.
No matter the occasion, these Coconut Flour Paleo Shortbread Cookies are one recipe you will want to add into your recipe box. They contain only 5 ingredients, and take only 15 minutes from start to finish… Perfect for those of you who do a ton of baking!
The instructions are just as simple as the ingredients. Once the cookies are baked, you have the option of adding a dark chocolate drizzle on top or even dipping half your cookie in it, for an extra decadent treat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 4 T grass-fed butter
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- 2 T dark chocolate chips (optional)
How To Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut butter in with the coconut flour using a pastry cutter or two knives, until the butter turns pea-sized.
3. Add in maple syrup and vanilla extract and cream into the dough until a smooth dough is created.
4. Divide dough into eight even amounts. Rolls each piece into a ball, place on a baking sheet, and gently flatten with the back of a fork.
5. Bake for 6-8 minutes, watching carefully so they don’t burn.
6. While the cookies are baking, melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler, or in the microwave on 50% power for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour the melted chocolate in a small plastic bag or piping bag. Once the cookies are naked and mostly cooled, drizzle the chocolate over the cookies. Allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying!
Watch the Recipe Below!
You’ll Also Love: (26 Ways to Make Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies)