Pie season is officially here! If you’ve never made your own pie crust, now is the time to start. This Paleo pie crust recipe requires just five ingredients and 20 minutes—that’s it!
After I created this recipe, I made a pie filling to fully test it out. Not only did it stay together, but it the flaxy texture and taste was perfect! Once you make this recipe, you’ll never go back to store-bought pie crusts again.
Coconut Flour Paleo Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup ghee (or grass-fed butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 T water
How to Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk eggs and ghee together in a bowl.
3. Add in coconut flour and salt. Add water 1 tbsp at a time so that dough is soft and not crumbled.
4. Using your hands, form dough into a ball and place in the freezer for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Coat pie pan with a bit of coconut oil and then, using your hands, spread the dough throughout the pan, forming the edges carefully.
6. Place pan in oven and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until edges start to turn golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and allow time to cool.
(You’ll Also Love: The Best Paleo Chicken Pot Pie)