Lunch is the one meal of the day I find myself struggling with the most. I’ve got breakfast figured out—eggs and a fresh Paleo smoothie—and dinner is pretty simple too. But lunch? I’m never quite sure. I prefer dishes that take less than 15 minutes to prepare and contain meat and a green vegetable. Lunch is still pretty early in the day (typically), so starting it off on the right foot is important to me.
Roasted Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite meal options. You can enjoy them drizzled with olive oil, or take it up a notch with this lemon garlic and chorizo recipe! Plus, you get that extra protein.
Give this hearty version of Brussels sprouts a try and let us know what you think in the comments!
Chorizo Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb (Approx. 3 1/2 cups) Brussels sprouts
- 2-4 T olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chorizo link
How To Make It:
1. Slice Brussels sprouts in half and place in a large skillet
2. Pour olive oil into skillet and cook on medium-heat.
3. Mince garlic and add to skillet. Squeeze juice from lemon on top of sprouts and stir, adding more olive oil if needed.
4. Chop chorizo link into bite-size pieces and add to skillet. Cook until sprouts are slightly browned on either side and meat is cooked through.
(You’ll Also Love: Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts)