I’m fairly certain the ONLY people who don’t like donuts are people who are trying to eat healthier and live a more nourished life. What if I told you that you can have your donuts and eat them too, without ruining your diet?
When I was little, my church used to have “Donut Sunday” once a month, and once a month my brother and I would storm down the stairs to the church basement and shove donuts in our faces. As I got older and more health conscious, I slowly started losing enthusiasm for those Donut Sundays and, after awhile, I just stopped eating donuts all together. Talk about deprivation!
I’m a firm believer in NOT depriving yourself of the things you are craving. If you’re craving a donut, eat a donut! BONUS: make it Paleo and you won’t get that bloated, tired feeling that sometimes comes along with eating foods full of refined sugars. These donuts are made with coconut flour, sweetened with honey and are absolutely delicious. I may or may not have eaten three in one day…
My favorite thing about these donuts is that they’re light but still filling. The fact that you can eat donuts while still sticking to a healthy and clean lifestyle is pretty cool if you ask me.
So the next time you’re craving donuts but don’t want to break your diet, give these delicious Chocolate Paleo Donuts a try! (Then wash it all down with some yummy Vanilla Caramel Almond Milk.)
Chocolate Paleo Donuts
Chocolate Paleo Donuts
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup dairy-free white chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
How To Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt) in a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt coconut oil completely; Whisk eggs and coconut oil together. Add the other wet ingredients (applesauce, honey, vanilla) to that same bowl and stir.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until everything is mixed together.
- Grease donut pan with coconut oil or nonstick spray; Add dough to donut pan, pressing down so the dough is tightly packed and smooth.
- Place pan in oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until dough is no longer soft.
- Remove from oven; Flip your donut pan upside down and the donuts should pop right out.
- Allow at least five minutes for them to cool before icing them.
- Microwave white chocolate and coconut together in a microwave-safe dish, stirring every 30 seconds until melted; use a knife to ice the donuts.
- Eat warm or refrigerate to allow the icing to harden.
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Pumpkin Spice Donuts)