Ice cream, caramel, toffee and healthy? Yes please. If you love ice cream (and who doesn’t?) then you’ll fall in love with this dairy-free ‘Caramel Toffee’ Ice Cream.
Bananas are the main base, which creates a rich and creamy consistency, and the dates add a caramel flavor for a naturally sweet kick.
Enjoy this Paleo treat for dessert or breakfast — it’s packed with healthy ingredients that will make the mind and body feel amazing.
‘Caramel Toffee’ Ice Cream
- 4 to 6 frozen bananas
- 1 banana (not frozen)
- 4 to 6 pitted dates
- 2 T carob powder
- Optional toppings: banana slices and chopped dates
How to Make It:
1. The day before you plan to eat this, slice up the bananas into ½ cm coins and place in a Tupperware box or freezer food bag.
2. Place this in the freezer until the next day. Ideally, you will want to leave it in the freezer 24 hours in advance.
3. When ready to make the ice cream – take the bananas out of the freezer.
4. Place the banana coins into a very good blender. (You really do need a good blender and blade for this!)
5. Blend the frozen bananas. They will start to form a crumble. Then add the dates and carob. The banana mix will turn creamier. (Some of the dates remain in pieces which is heaven as it will taste like chunks of toffee.) You can also add 1 banana (not frozen), which produces an extra creamy ice cream that’s insanely delicious.
Make sure you scrape the sides down to ensure all of the banana mixes together. It may take a couple of minutes. Blend until smooth and creamy.
6. Remove the mixture from the blender and add to a bowl.
7. Add toppings or keep it simple and enjoy solo.
8. Dig in!
(You’ll Also Love: 23 Paleo Ice Cream Recipes)