These oven-baked Cajun Sweet Potato Fries are naturally sweet and spiced with an antioxidant kick!
Good news: This recipe uses simple ingredients that are probably already in your pantry. With just a handful of spices, you can transform sweet potatoes into delicious oven-baked fries!
Start by thinly slicing the sweet potatoes into the size of matchsticks. Then place the slices in a bowl, and drizzle with melted coconut oil and delicious, savory seasonings. Before baking, toss them around with your fingers for a few minutes. In less than 20 minutes, they’ll be crispy, crunchy, and ready to eat!
Serve these sweet potato fries as a side dish, appetizer, or snack.
Cajun Sweet Potato Fries
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (with the skins on and washed well)
- 1 T melted coconut oil
- ¼ t cayenne pepper
- ½ t paprika
- ½ t garlic powder
- ¼ t turmeric
- ½ t oregano
- ½ t thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into matchstick-sized pieces. First slice the ends off. Then slice the potato in half, and thinly slice lengthwise. Take those slices, and cut them again lengthwise into several matchsticks.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl with melted coconut oil, salt, pepper, and other seasonings.
- Toss the ingredients together with your hands several times, until all the seasonings are evenly dispersed.
- Transfer the seasoned sweet potatoes into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip with a spatula. Bake another 8-10 minutes until crispy and brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately!
Tip: Enjoy this dish with Paleo ketchup and other homemade condiments!
(You’ll Also Love: Coconut-Crusted Avocado Fries)