This 20-minute Cajun Chicken Pasta with Light Zucchini Noodles is guaranteed to satisfy any spicy craving!
Made with zucchini noodles, this grain-free meal makes for a light, healthy lunch or dinner! An easy homemade Cajun seasoning adds heat, and a Paleo-friendly cream sauce made of raw cashews ties everything together.
To make this nutrient-dense Cajun chicken pasta, combine the sauce and seasonings with chicken and a rainbow of sautéed vegetables. Pro tip: chop the veggies and chicken the night before, which will make cooking fast and easy.
To start, blend the soaked cashews with coconut milk, and set aside. Then add bell peppers and extra-virgin olive oil to a skillet. Sauté five minutes before adding the chicken and spices. Once the chicken is cooked and veggies softened, stir in the tomatoes and cashew cream sauce. Cook the mix until thick and creamy.
Next, remove the skillet from the heat and add the zucchini noodles, tossing them to coat with the thick cream sauce. If you add the zucchini noodles last, it keeps them firm and gives them a pasta-like crunch. To serve, garnish with more red pepper flakes and cashews. Then eat!
This refreshing Cajun chicken pasta recipe is perfect for eating healthy when time is short. Store leftovers in the fridge, then enjoy them for lunch the next day.
Cajun Chicken Pasta with Light Zucchini Noodles
- ½ cup cashews (soaked for 3 hours and drained)
- 3 T unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium chicken breasts (sliced into thin strips)
- 2 zucchinis (spiralized)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced into 1-inch strips)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced into 1-inch strips)
- 2 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t oregano
- ½ t crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add cashews and coconut milk to a blender. Blend on high until cashews are broken down. Consistency should be crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat a skillet at medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil to the skillet with red and green bell peppers. Sauté 5 minutes, then add sliced chicken breast, salt, pepper, and other seasonings. Cook 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and blended cashews, covering the ingredients with the sauce. Cook another 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat, add spiralized zucchinis, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately!
Tip: To keep this recipe feeling new, swap in turkey, beef, fish, and your favorite veggies.
(You’ll Also Love: Cajun Sweet Potato Fries)