If you’re looking for a hearty meal, this white sweet potato sausage dish is for you. This sweet potato variety is slightly less sweet than its orange counterpart and brings a more subtle flavor.
Boiled White Sweet Potato with Sausages
- 1 medium white sweet potato, diced
- 4-8 grass-fed organic sausages
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 large handful lettuce leaves
How To Make It:
- Place the diced white sweet potato in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sausages, cook, turning occasionally for 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Remove from the pan and place on some paper towel and leave until warm enough to touch.
- Slice the sausages into bite size pieces then combine with the white sweet potato, parsley, remaining olive oil salt and pepper.
- Serve with a side of lettuce.
The next time you’re in the kitchen, try this crunchy sweet potato hash.