When I make a batch of this frosting it doesn’t stick around for too long. I keep finding myself dipping a spoon into it. This frosting is a tasty dessert all in of itself. No cake needed.
The Best Paleo Chocolate Frosting
- 2 cups pitted dates, soaked in hot water for an hour
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk, canned and full fat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
How To Make It:
- In a food processor, puree the dates with the almond flour.
- Add the coconut milk and puree until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to puree until smooth and creamy. Chill for a few hours in fridge before frosting.
- Store frosting (and your frosted cake) in the fridge.
This frosting goes great on so many treats. So, don’t be afraid to slather some on Paleo banana walnut bread.