There are about 459 different things you can do with ripe bananas, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that making banana bread is MY first thought and probably your first thought too.
As I’m typing this I just realized that I hate banana bread two mornings ago, yesterday morning and I’m eating a piece of this exact banana bread right now. Three days in a row, and I’m not sick of it. Can you ever be sick of banana bread? Since I don’t make it ALL THE TIME, it’s definitely a highlight when I do get to eat it.
I enjoy making a loaf and then eating a piece along with my typical breakfast. It adds extra deliciousness and keeps me even fuller for even longer than usual. I hope you enjoy this version of banana bread!
Banana Walnut Bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup walnuts
How To Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mash bananas in a bowl with a fork; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, almond meal and baking soda.
- In the bowl with the bananas, combine eggs, coconut oil, honey, syrup, and applesauce; mix with an electric mixer.
- Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients in one bowl; stir in walnuts by hand.
- Spray a bread pan with nonstick spray and pour batter into it.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, using a toothpick to make sure bread is cooked all the way through.
- Remove from oven and place bread on a cooling rack; cut and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: Heavenly Paleo Banana Muffins)