All the goodness of banana bread baked into a mug! A cozy sweet treat with zero fuss and minimal clean up!
The smell of warm banana bread baking in the oven brings instant nostalgia and a sense of comfort. This single-serving recipe is great for when you don’t want to commit to baking an entire loaf of banana bread and helps you portion control. To keep the texture moist, this recipe calls for a ripe banana instead of added oil or sugar; almond flour acts as a base and creates that craveable, bread-like texture.
Start by greasing up your favorite mug with a bit of coconut oil. Next, in a small bowl, use a fork to mash a ripe banana until mushy and beat in the coconut milk and egg. Mix in the almond flour, cinnamon and pecans. You can also add cashews, walnuts, dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes, or unsweetened dried cranberries into the mix for extra oomph.
After that, simply pour the batter in the mug, place it on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. The bread may still seem slightly loose in the center, but once the mug cools down for a few minutes, it will continue to set and remain moist.
Easy Banana Bread in a Mug Recipe
- Coffee mug
- Small bowl
- Baking sheet
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 T almond flour
- 2 T full-fat coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 1 T chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a mug with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash banana until soft and mushy. Stir in coconut milk and egg until just combined.
- Gradually stir in almond flour, cinnamon and nuts. Pour into greased mug.
- Place mug on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before eating.
Tip: For more mug cake deliciousness, check out these recipes:
(You’ll Also Love: Heavenly Paleo Banana Muffins)