I’m always looking for new, paleo-friendly breakfast recipes that could be eaten quickly and taken along in the car if needed. Getting my 7 and 5-year-old ready for school while still making time for a healthy breakfast is pretty challenging. Recipes like this Baked Avocado and Egg are godsends on those busy mornings.
Who knew you could bake avocado? It makes a fun little boat for half of a scrambled egg. Best of all, you’re free to comb hair, tie shoe laces, find shirts and pack lunches while breakfast bakes! This quick meal goes great with a healthy green smoothie. Mmm.
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:18 minutes
- 176 calories
- 15 grams of fat
- 35 milligrams of sodium
- 1 organic avocado, halved with pit removed
- 1 egg
- your favorite seasoning -- I use Fajita Seasoning
How To Make It
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Flip each avocado side over and slice off enough of the rounded skin so that it can sit flat when the fleshy side is up.
3. Place the avocados, fleshy side up, in a baking pan. Crack some salt into each hole.
4. Whisk the egg in a bowl, divide it between the avocado holes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and the seasoning of your choice.
5. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the egg has fully set. Eat with a spoon and enjoy!
Watch How to Make The Perfect Baked Avocado Egg Below!
Now that is how you make a tasty baked avocado and egg breakfast. And everybody loves this easy recipe. Your friends, kids, boyfriend, girlfriend. Try this out and let me know what you think!