I’m always looking for new, paleo-friendly breakfast recipes that could be eaten quickly and taken along in the car if needed. Getting my 7 and 5-year-old ready for school while still making time for a healthy breakfast is pretty challenging. Recipes like this Baked Avocado and Egg are godsends on those busy mornings.
Who knew you could bake avocado? It makes a fun little boat for half of a scrambled egg. Best of all, you’re free to comb hair, tie shoe laces, find shirts and pack lunches while breakfast bakes! This quick meal goes great with a healthy green smoothie. Mmm.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 176 calories
- 15 grams of fat
- 35 milligrams of sodium
- 1 organic avocado, halved with pit removed
- 1 egg
- your favorite seasoning -- I use Fajita Seasoning
How To Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Flip each avocado side over and slice off enough of the rounded skin so that it can sit flat when the fleshy side is up.
- Place the avocados, fleshy side up, in a baking pan. Crack some salt into each hole.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl, divide it between the avocado holes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and the seasoning of your choice.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the egg has fully set. Eat with a spoon and enjoy!
Now that is how you make a tasty baked avocado and egg breakfast. And everybody loves this easy recipe. Your friends, kids, boyfriend, girlfriend. Try this out and let me know what you think!