If bacon, eggs and mushrooms are your three favorites foods, you’re going to want to make this recipe ASAP. This portobello mushroom is filled with a baked egg, then topped in bacon!
The really wonderful thing is that it can be made in 20 minutes flat, and it’s full of flavor and protein! This recipe makes for a delicious breakfast or lunch when paired with a veggie dish (like Brussels sprouts!).
Bacon-Wrapped Portabello Mushroom with a Baked Egg
- 1 portabello mushroom
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of bacon
- Cilantro for garnish
- Pepper to taste
How to Make It:
1. Turn oven to broil; Remove any stems from mushroom and brush the mushroom with olive oil on both sides and place on baking sheet. Broil for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
2. Remove from oven and set oven to bake at 400°F.
3. Crack an egg in the center of the mushroom and then place back in the oven and bake until egg whites appear baked, approximately 15 minutes.
4. While egg is baking, cook bacon in a skillet over stovetop until crispy.
5. When ready, remove egg from oven and carefully top with hot bacon.
6. Sprinkle egg and mushroom with cilantro and pepper. Enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: Baked Avocado & Egg Recipe)