Burgers are definitely Paleo-friendly foods, but when you first make the switch, it can be difficult to get used to eating them without the bun.
It doesn’t have to be boring or complicated, however, you just have to know how to top your bunless burgers to make them mouthwateringly delicious. This recipe uses seasonings to spice things up, resulting in a burger topped with crisp bacon and creamy avocado.
(See: Paleo Turkey Burgers)
Serve over greens, or with a side of your favorite roasted veggies for a meal that’s filling, satisfying, and quite simply, perfection.
Paleo Avocado Bacon Burgers
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
How To Make It:
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned and crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Drain most of the fat from the pan.
2. Mix the ground beef with the spices and a pinch of salt and pepper. Form into four patties.
3. In the same skillet you used to cook the bacon, cook the burgers until done to your liking. Transfer to a plate.
4. Top with the bacon, some avocado slices, and drizzle with the lemon juice. Top with plenty of fresh ground pepper and enjoy with a knife and fork.
(You’ll Also Love: Jamaican Burger with a Sweet Potato Bun)