Buttery avocado, zesty lime and creamy cashews combine in a wholesome, dairy-free avocado lime cheesecake that will have you begging for more.
If there’s one ingredient that’s always in my Paleo kitchen, it’s avocado. I love the nutty flavor and creamy texture, and eat them almost every day. So it’s no surprise that my latest obsession is this to-die-for avocado cheesecake.
Made with cashews and avocados, this healthy, no-bake cheesecake is loaded with healthy fats and protein. Avocados are full of omega-3s, vitamin E and fiber to help keep you satisfied throughout the day.
This recipe comes together quickly in a blender or food processor. The first step is to whip up the base. Almonds, cacao and Medjool dates combined in a food processor create a dense and crunchy bottom layer. The key ingredient for creating the cheese-like flavor and texture in this recipe is cashews. Soaking them in water overnight gives them an extra silky texture.
The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to set in the freezer. But I guarantee this decadent cake is worth the wait.
Buttery Avocado Lime Cheesecake
For the base
- ½ cup Medjool dates (pitted and soaked)
- 2 cups raw almonds (250g)
- 2 T cacao powder
For the filling
- 1½ avocados (pitted and peeled)
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight in water)
- ¼ cup cold pressed coconut oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 T maple syrup
- ½ cup full-fat coconut cream
- For the base: Add all base ingredients to a blender and blend until a sticky “cookie dough” forms.
- Press the dough into a round 8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the filling: Add all filling ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture on top of the base.
- Place in freezer overnight for at least 6 hours.
- Thaw for 30 minutes before serving.
Tip: Once frozen, decorate your cheesecake with shredded coconut or chocolate shavings!
(You’ll Also Love: Key Lime Cheesecake Bars)