Bursting with green goodness, this Roasted Asparagus Soup is a hit for taste, nutrition and satisfaction. The thick creamy meal is dairy-free and the zucchini adds another layer of flavor without over-riding the main star — asparagus.
Just don’t forget to drizzle tahini to cut through the soup’s richness. As quoted by the taste tester of this dish, “It’s restaurant quality.”
Cast your vote and let us know what you think in the comments!
Roasted Asparagus Soup with Tahini Drizzle
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 1 zucchini
- 1 celery stick
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Grated peel of 1/2 lemon
- Black pepper
- 2 to 3 cups water
- Olive oil for roasting
How to Make It:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Chop the asparagus into 2 inch pieces, slice the courgette into ½ cm coins, chop the celery into 1 cm pieces and slice the onion into thin pieces.
3. Add all of these vegetables and the garlic to an oven-proof baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until tender but not overly cooked.
4. Remove the vegetables from the oven.
5. Add the mix to a food processor, along with the lemon peel and 1 cup of water. Blend until evenly combined.
6. Add a little water, gradually adding more, and keep blending until you get the desired consistency. If you prefer a thin soup, add more water.
7. Once you have the desired consistency, add the soup mix to a pan, place on the stove top at medium-heat until ready. Season with black pepper.
8. Drizzle tahini over the top of the soup. Serve alone or with a fresh salad or entrée.
(You’ll Also Love: Chilled Strawberry Lavender Soup)